Monday, December 10, 2007

At Least He's Tough

Rudy says no to flat tax because he wants to protect the oh so important home mortgage deduction. This sums up so much of what is wrong with modern Republicans (as my friend UBlo used to point out so well). Why should we implement a system that would save every tax paying American money if it may increase the taxes on one particular group? Because we aren't...and Rudy should know that. Ok, homeowners won't be able to deduct one type of expenditure, so what? They will more than make up for it with tax savings in other areas. If I told you that I'm going to reduce your heating bill by $100 a month but increase your electric bill by $30 would you have a problem with that? Well, Rudy, would. He'd say, "I just don't think its right to be increasing people's electric bills at this time." That's pandering, folks...or ignorance, and I'm not sure which is worse.

No comments: