Friday, March 11, 2005

With St. Patricks day coming and all...

In a recent actual conversation with MCL (this was before he got too busy to talk to friends) he noted that Sinn Fein may be the example we're looking for in the Hezbollah case. Here's an interesting article that I think bolsters his case. I do think there are interesting and important similarities between the two, but I'm not sure of the Barkley factor. I avoided this because I was hoping our resident Irishman would figure it out, but like everything else in the Western World, the Greek had start the ball rolling.

1 comment:

StalinMalone said...

Yes, Sinn Fein is another valuable example. Clearly, they will be welcomed as a legitimate political party if they are playing the part, but questions of tactics are weakening them. This shows that a terrorist group can go mainstream if they truly reform, if not then they lose credibility and with it power.

I thought that the case had already been made. I didn't realize I would have to sow your lands with salt.

I'm certain that you don't want to get into a spitting contest over Greek v. Irish cultural value, because I have just one word for you...Bono.