Friday, July 29, 2005

Yes, They Called It "The Streak"

August approaches, and unless the Bill Murray movie comes to town, I--for the first time in at least 25 years--likely will end the summer without having gone to the movies.

Sure, I'm cheap and a churl when it comes to me paying to go see slop I spent years watching on the clock ushering. But check out my Netflix queue and about all that's out this summer that I'm even mildly interested in seeing even at home other than Broken Flowers is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Bewitched, and The Brothers Grimm.

So, with the streak all but at an end, but a legacy left to tarnish, is it time to say, "Enough"?

1 comment:

The Unknown Blogger said...

Just remember to save that last ticket stub, it will be a treasured item in the Mike3000 National Library.

It just means your getting old. Pretty soon you'll be pining away for Matlock.

The amazing thing though, is that I go to the movies a lot. I sat here thinking, surely you should see...and nothing came to mind. With all the movies I've seen this summer, none jump out as "must see's."

But at least I'm still in the game. Yes, you'd think I'd be forever scarred by working at a drive-in back in the day, but no. So I'm begging you, pick-up a ticket slugger and get out there.