Thursday, November 01, 2007

Play Nice Children

"One of the most ugly and poisonous things" he's ever read! Mein Kampf? Helter Skelter? Maxim? No. Mr. Pullman, the soon to be famous author of the Golden Compass, is referring to the Chronicles of Narnia. That's right. The often sugary sweet series by (evil genius?) C.S. Lewis. Now, I'm no world renowned psychotherapist but here's a sentiment that I think anyone who's read the Chronicles of Narnia would share...Mr. Pullman has issues.

I refuse to paint all atheists with the same brush, but Mr. Pullman and Annie Laurie Geller risk setting atheism back eons...perhaps to the time when lighting creating all things out of mud. "Mr. Phillips and I would say it is religion that poisons everything," saith Ms. Geller. Religion? Not just the Jews this time? Or the gays? Or the Gypsies? I hope I won't have to wait as long for atheists to rally against such blatant bigotry and hatred as I've had to wait for the Muslims. Is "hatred" too strong? Let's ask Mr. Pullman..."I loathe the 'Narnia" books...I hate them with a deep and bitter passion..." No.

No comments: