Saturday, August 19, 2006

Dog's don't kill people, people kill people

Cato has a post 'bout a Kansas City law to ban and euthanise all "Pit Bulls." The original article states that a 71 year old citizen was attacked and killed by a pit bull, but it doesn't mention how many other deaths have occured due to pit bulls, nor does it mention what percentage of dog maulings are from pit bulls, or what percentage of the pit bull population mauls people in KC. So I did some digging, and as near as I can tell here's your reason, 'After I saw the photos on TV of that man in Independence after he was attacked, I thought it was necessary to have a pit bull ban in North Kansas City,' Martino said. 'I want to be proactive rather than reactive.' say's the Councilman. Genius. Also, I think this is the guy he's referring to.

Also, here's the story on the 71 year old lady, Jimmie McConnell. Very, very sad. And I don't mean this in that off handed politician way. This poor nice lady was gardening when she was mauled. Horrific only just describes that day. The mistake was that nothing happened to prevent the attack she felt was coming. The council should be focusing on how this lady was let down.

This seem's like a situation where something needs to be done to peanalize irresponsible owners, not ban and euthanise houshold pets.

No comments: