Monday, November 07, 2005

Say it aint so, Joe

So Penn St. coach Joe Paterno becomes the next victim of "racism" by pointing out what everyone knows, in a very complimentary way. I've read this article several times looking for anything that could honestly be defined as racist. Is it that "black athletes have just done a great job as athletes and as people in turning the game around"? Man, now that's harsh. If Stalin Malone ever said that about me, "the Unknown Blogger has just done a great job as an athlete and as a person in turning the game around," I know I'd want to take a swing at him.

As a side note, I do think the Airforce coach should be reprimanded for apparantly not reading a newspaper in 40 years. "Afro-American?" I just have this image of this guy driving home in his Studebaker, chaninging into his sweater, and turing on his black-and-white TV.

1 comment:

StalinMalone said...

I didn't see anything in the article that would imply Joe was taking any heat for his statement. But it is clear to me that you also hate Joe Paterno. And I think that's a real shame.