Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Es la ley!

Whoever wilfully blasphemes the holy name of God by denying, cursing or contumeliously reproaching God, his creation, government or final judging of the world, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching or exposing to contempt and ridicule, the holy word of God contained in the holy scriptures shall be punished by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars, and may also be bound to good behavior.

Denmark? No.
Canada? No.
Some Islamist nation? Nope.
The Vatican? No way Jose.

Yup, its Taxachussets. Chapter 272: Section 36. Blasphemy

I'm especially proud because I found this all by my lonesome. And Stalin says we never break anything. Well, M3K does, but only after Chilifest (zoweee!).

2 comments:

Muscles for Justice said...

I like imagining this read aloud for all to hear by Ted Kennedy--well, this and TV Guide.

How'd you come across this?

The Unknown Blogger said...

Like all great reporters, I have my sources. But since only the three of us read this blog, I feel like I can tell you.

After your Denmark post I thought "Blasphemy seems awfully broad. I wonder what kinds of things are now illegal in Denmark?" Then I contacted my source, Mr. G. Oogle and asked him what he knew about "blasphemy". Followed a few links and presto, Hyrablog has its scoop.