Sunday, February 05, 2006

I can see why Malone is so comfortable when the GOP calls anything "limited"

Because we all need the feds help on everything we do, and the new GOP controlled government (meet the new boss, its the same as the old boss) isn't happy unless its involved with every aspect of your life, congress is proposing to spend $750 million to help with your marriage. Whew, now THAT's fixed. My favorite line is, "Congress approved a $750 million, five-year plan aimed at building healthier marriages Wednesday as part of its deficit reduction bill." You can't write that. Seriously, you just can't make this up. This is clearly must have spending. Crucial. It's a miracle marriage has lasted the thousands of years it has without congress' help. Again I ask, how does anyone support this "limited government" GOP. Why not just acknowledge that the party in control is just as liberal as Ted Kennedy's Democrats, and we can go about trying to figure out who really want's less government, and who just wants contol to spend our money on their visions.

5 comments:

StalinMalone said...

Coming from a guy who voted for Kerry it's hard to take you seriously on any of this.

The Unknown Blogger said...

Love it, the random personal attack that has nothing to do with anything.

And coming from a guy who used to wear parachute pants, I can't take YOU seriously on any of this.

PS. I accept your surrender.

StalinMalone said...

Ok, Mr. Sensitive, here's your cookie...

I agree with you (just as I did in a personal email I sent you the day after the speech...if you lost it, just ask W, I'm sure he read it too) this is a dumb program. You support marriage by eliminating the tax penalty.

I hate George Bush. I hope he becomes the next president of Iraq.

The Unknown Blogger said...

Look, just becasue folks make some decisions you don't agree with, doesn't mean you have to hate them.

You need to get control of your emotions Stalin, they're getting the better of you. W is just doing what he thinks is right in a very hostile, dangerous, and constantly evolving envrironment. We may not always agree, but I don't hate the guy. I know you feel let down, but try some forgiveness.

StalinMalone said...

I'll assume there was a good reason for this thread that I simply missed. But, seeing as you already had agreement from me on your point prior to your making it it was hard to justify a thoughtful response.

So are personal attacks good or bad? At first I thought you were condemning them, but maybe you were just identifying it and approving. Not sure. Of course, I'm probably just blinded by my perpetual rage.