Thursday, February 23, 2006

Um...Mr. President, don't you mean the "White House," or maybe, "I've" reveiewed?

W taking the Royal we invokes, "After careful review by our government, I believe the transaction ought to go forward." About said port transfer. Seems to me congress didn't review anything, hence their questions. Last I checked the White House was one component of "our" governemnt. "Our" government has three branches. Also interesting that he didn't say "I." Probably because he was unaware of his office's approval of the transfer until after it became an issue.

For the nitpicky, there's a little known clause put in in a 1993 amendment to these types of sales that stipulates that a 45 day investigation is mandatory when the acquiring company is "controlled by or acting on behalf of a foreign government."

Maybe the Patriot Act gives him authority to get around that too. It does explain how the White House became "our" government.

No comments: