Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Dig this

Bush wants to hire the the former head of Boston's Big Dig project to be the new head of the Federal Highway Administration. That's right folks, the guy who headed up the nightmare that is and was the Big Dig is now the top choice to run our highways. Seriously, I think that Bush just picks the guys with the worst reputations, not bad reps, not "well he could've done better" reps, but the true disasters to run things. I don't know if its because he feels like these types will have unquestioned loyalty to him because he plucked them out of the sewers that their careers became after thier mistakes, or if he just wants to feel superior to everyone, or if its some kind of weird dare. But this guy, Capka has to be nuclear. Just stay away from him. I'm sorry, but some things are just career enders. Give him a lesser job as a reward for his 30 years of service, fine, but why go near the guy now?

I have to give Kerry credit, his quote, "I'm afraid Richard Capka could be the Brownie of highways." is pretty solid for a Democrat, and may be the quote that buries Capka. I mean, if Kerry gets the zinger, you know you have problems.

No comments: