Friday, April 07, 2006

Born Again?

It looks like W may, just may, understand why his numbers are so bad. This administration has left conservatives behind on the one issue that everyone gets...government spending. Perhaps he has also tweaked a few civil libertarians with his Patriot Act and wire tapping (I'll allow the much more adept Mr. Blogger to address that), but that is not a constituency large enough to move poll numbers. Bush is down because conservatives are fed up. We could have elected John Kerry if we wanted dumb ideas with huge price tags. So maybe a light has gone on somewhere. Bush says he is going to uncap the veto pen if his spending cuts are not implemented. I so hope he means it. Because if he does and if sound bites of the shrill and unlikeable Nancy Pelozi calling the budget "immoral" are trumpeted by a proud media, the prodical base may just return...and bring some friends.

Come on, George. Make our day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to respond to the tax cut issue but I just couldnt concentrate. How can someone think about tax cuts when all they have emblazoned on their minds is Nell Carter. She had permeated my thoughts, fogged my mind, clouded my judgement, and, to be honest, given me pleasurable feelings. What am I to do?

Damn you Nell Carter! Damn you!

The Unknown Blogger said...

I may be getting cynical, but I'll believe that veto when it happens. I think a veto is neccessary regardless. Since the pres, the party, and congress are all mired with low numbers, its not like any balloon is carrying the others to new heights. W should cut the cord and see how high he can fly. What's the worse that can happen by picking a fight with a congress that has approval numbers that are worse than his? Stalin's found it. Spending is killing both of 'em. Take the lead, turn on congress and reap the rewards.