Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Favreorite


Since I'm an all powerful blogger and everything is my business, I'm weighing in on the Favre "Should I Stay or Should I Go Now" decision. Favre was one of my favorite players, no one looked like they enjoyed the game more, and he had the talent to hook you in as well. Going from that alone, I think he should call it a career. When the joy of the game is your hook, and you have to mull over this long if you want to play a final season, the answer is already clear, your heart just isn't in it. Green Bay is not a Superbowl contender. What's going to happen during that mid year 3 game losing streak? The media and the fans will pummel Favre, saying he should have retired, nailing him for lack of emotion, and he'll feel it. Granted there's always that storybook ending, where he leads a sub-par team deep into the playoffs, but I think that's a serious long-shot. Plus, as leader, he should exude optimism, not ambivilance.

That's my take. Retire, the fact that you have to think this hard is your answer.

No comments: