Thursday, April 19, 2007

Golf Clap for Salazar

Ken Salazar (D-CO) made a nice little move recusing himself from a panel that was looking into the dismissal of New Mexico's Federal Prosecutor David Iglesias (why we're involved in the goings on of foreign nations is beyond me, seems like the focus should be on the American prosecutor scandal. Sheesh.).

Anyway, Sen Salazar in his former capacity as CO AG worked with Mr Iglesias so the good Sen felt that the best thing to do was to remove any appearance of impropriety. Nice move. While I'm sure Sen Salazar could remain objective, he understood that appearances do matter, and that people must have faith that the system is fair and unbiased.

Not a huge deal in any sense, but I like his move here. I would like to see more action like this from our leaders (I'm looking at you Antonin).

1 comment:

StalinMalone said...

This country would be greatly improved if ALL politicians recused themselves for the next decade or so.