Friday, April 06, 2007

Put the Shock Back In My Jock

Don Imus was forced to apologize for an "insensitive" remark. Don Imus' job is to make "insensitive" remarks. Let me just say I am not a fan. He and Stern are voices for people who want nothing more than to be back in the safe and simple world if middle school where a well-timed fart joke could make you a king. That being said, his comment about the Rutgers basketball team, regardless of how much truth it contained, is exactly what he is paid for. Belittling individuals and groups will always attract a crowd and often a lucrative radio contract. I understand that we have created some protected classes in today's society who get special treatment. When group A whines they get ignored, when group B whines the offender is shipped off to the Gulag for the reprogramming of sensitivity training. If you think you're justified making a living offending sensitivities then do with it some honor...be an equal opportunity offender. When you cow tow to the sacred cows of "progressive" America, you aren't just a boorish lout anymore, you're also a sell out.

Imus, you are a wuss.

3 comments:

Muscles for Justice said...

Stalin's such an equal opportunity offender, he attached one of his Prom photos.

Anonymous said...

Put Imus Back On - If the 1.3 million people who listen to Imus every morning refused to buy product of those sponsors who pulled out, and refused to turn on NBC or CBS radio or tv, and spoke out against Sharpton and Jackson, where would that leave us. I have refused to subscribe to satellite radio but if Imus where on it I would have it. And what's all the talk about Imus having said this on FCC regulated airwaves. Turn it off. You have a choice. Many times Imus said things that I found offensive - I turned him off. That said, he had far more interesting interviews, music, news than any other media out there, and I for one have been stirpped of getting my daily dose of thought provoking material to get me through the day. Not to mention the feel good to know that someone out there is doing something for the masses selflessly. I will no longer buy product of those sponsors who turned on him, and will certainly not now give Obama consideration as a viable presidential candidate, nor will I tune into any media affiliated with NBC or CBS. BTW - I was digusted with his comments about the Rutgers team and thought he should be suspended with warning that if he crossed the line again he would be fired. He has done too much good to be treated any differently!

Anonymous said...

This isn't over~ Don Imus didn't feel that way of what he said in his heart. He said that quote: You don't know me (or watch me) to know how I feel so don't judge me unquote. He was trying to be funny and it came out 'not good'. I know that Jackson and Sharpton have said raciest things and being pretchures have forgave there selves! Who are they to judge Don Imus..GOD? NO there NOT so let the majority rule and put him back on the air! WE MISS IMUS!