Thursday, July 20, 2006

Naming rights

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid declare Iraq a civil war. I expect more Dems and the like to try, over the next few weeks, to make the concept that Iraq had decended into civil war, or "Iraqi Civil War," stick with American's. I also expect the GOP and the like to bitterly contest this observation.

This will be key to the Dem's attempt to retke the House. If they can get American's to accept that Bush has bungled this so badly that civil war has broken out it will greatly damage his standing as a "War President" and/or Commander in Chief. These titles have greatly helped him in the past, and I believe that the Dems see tainting those titles as keys to winning in November.

1 comment:

StalinMalone said...

The reason why it is almost pointless to talk about what will or won't cause the power to shift in congress is that the districts have been so manipulated by both sides that significant change is becoming all but impossible. The press can point to all the polls of "Americans" and what they think and it means nothing (ok, almost nothing) when it comes to electing congressmen. Oh and by the way, I find that to be an offensive reality. (I wish I could find a more inflammatory point, but I'm certain we all agree on that one)