Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Good For Something?

The Republicans have done precious little to improve our great republic over the past 6 years. But credit must be given where credit is due. The senate shot down the Pathetic Pandering to Big Labor Bill that this blog whined about several months ago (I'd put in a fancy link to it, but I don't know how...find the post somewhere below...show a little initiative). The bill would end the requirement that secret ballots be used when voting to unionize. That's right. Not allowing workers to vote in secret about forming a union BENEFITS workers. If you understand how this could possibly be true please notify this blog immediately. Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen more obvious pandering in my long and storied life. And what makes it more than just run of the mill offensive is that it claims to protect the very group that it is shafting. It also shows how little unions really care about workers. Unions care about unions. And democrats care about union money. And workers are just patsies to both. I'm begging a union supporter to set me straight. Show me this isn't as Orwellian is it appears. And show me why all elections from now on should be held by having voters wear a t-shirt supporting their candidate in a group photo taken by the Jimmy Carter.

No comments: