Thursday, May 25, 2006

I tore my ACLU

The ACLU in concidering a plan to block boardmembers from saying negative things 'bout the number one group protecting the number one, and I don't mean the right to go pee-pee.

"Directors should remember that there is always a material prospect that public airing of the disagreement will affect the A.C.L.U. adversely in terms of public support and fund-raising," the proposals state.

Just to put it out there, I love this group and am a member. After reading this, I seriously concidered cancelling my membership, and still might. But since they haven't enacted this little gem, I'm going to stick with them. But this is a deal breaker and here's why.

The ACLU takes the stance that the people have a right to do and say certain things during a time of crisis where lives are at risk, and they don't want to risk "public support and fund raising?"

I'm hoping this is a leak bysomeone looking to derail the idea, and I hope they succeed.

1 comment:

Muscles for Justice said...

This would bother me more if all those loose-lipped Lucys hadn't forgotten WE ARE AT WAR.