Sunday, March 25, 2007

Charles Barkley, cover up artist for the political stars

While Charles Barkley may or may not have a political career ahead of him, he has given politicians a gift. The "I should have read it before it came out." defense. A gift that Tom DeLay jumped on when an excerpt from his book, "No Retreat, No Surrender" (apparently the Hammer's a fan of Jean Claude Van Damme, Muscles from Sugar Land?)(Oh wait, I couldn't help but notice that the movie got 4.5 stars and the book...2.5. Where are you in your creative career when JCVD out scores you?)...anyway, where was I...oh yeah.

So TDL's on Chris Matthews when CM (I've noticed that everyone's cooler when you just use their initials) drops a reference to Rep. Dick Armey (R-TX) who the book describes as "drunk with ambition." POW, no way you retreat from that? Right? Right? Come on, please Hammer don't hurt 'em. Well, maybe a tactical retreat. Looks like the Hammer pulled the nail out of the coffin and denied it, even after CM showed it to him in the book.

I guess it makes sense, I mean, congressmen are famous for not reading bills, why should anyone assume they read books.

No comments: