Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I got something to say to all you free speech suckers...

Newt Gingrich, while keynoting a First Amendment Award ceremony, spoke out against campaign finance reform (yaaaaaay) noted that court rulings on Separation of Church and State are hurting peoples right to express themselves (yaaaaaay), and said, "different set of rules" may be needed to reduce terrorists' ability to use the Internet and free speech to recruit and get out their message" (yaaa-what?). Seriously, saying we may need to curb free speech at a First Amendment Award ceremony? Was he drunk? Beyond the fact that I think he's wrong, what was he thinking? Maybe he was going for his own private "I'll show you jerks free speech, free speech sucks. Ha! I said it, what're you gonna do free speech weenies, tell me to be quiet?" moment.

I also like, "We need to get ahead of the curve before we actually lose a city, which I think could happen in the next decade." It's that kind of unrestrained optimism that makes me want vote for him for President right now.

1 comment:

StalinMalone said...

Yeah, I'm voting for the guy who says, "I believe all the terrorists will die of natural causes in the next 3 years!" Support your local optimist...or optometrist...your choice.