Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Fair and Balanced?

Media quick hit. Here's Fox's Rupert Murdoch in a moment of honesty,

Asked if his News Corp. managed to shape the agenda on the war in Iraq, Murdoch said: "No, I don't think so. We tried." Asked by Rose for further comment, he said: "We basically supported the Bush policy in the Middle East...but we have been very critical of his execution."
I wasn't there, so I don't know the parameters of the question, or if this quote is taken out of context, but given the long history of debate on the topic of media bias on this blog, especially from a liberal slant, I thought this quote was interesting.

1 comment:

StalinMalone said...

Starting from the given that there is no unbiased news source it is refreshing when a newsman drops the "just the facts" charade. I would gladly dole out similar praise if grandpa Ted joined the honesty train.

I know that H-Blog saw a spike in its "trustworthy" numbers after our beloved UBlo came out as the granola-eating-cross-dressing-terrorist-protecting-enviromo-liberalitarian that he is.

H-Blog - setting a higher standard.